Do you have a PDF in another language that you need to translate? Google Drive/Docs makes it very easy to translate a PDF document. You can do this in two easy steps on your computer. (It doesn’t work on a tablet or smart phone).
Step 1: Convert your file to text
- Go to http://drive.google.com on your computer.
- Upload the file from your computer (click and drag or New | File upload)
- Right-click on the file (two-finger click or ⌘-click on a Mac)
- Select Open with | Google Docs.
You can now view your converted document. Note that some of the text formatting may be lost and tables, columns, lists, endnotes, footnotes, etc. may lose their format.
Step 2: Translate a text document
- With the document open, go to Tools | Translate document in the top menu.
- Type in a name for the document and choose the language that you would like to translate to.
- Press Translate to see a new document with the translated text in a new tab.